Paradigm speakers

Username: Son_in_law

Post Number: 1
I just purchased a Denon 3310 receiver. I am considering upgrading my fronts to either Paradigm Studio 100s or Paradigm Monitor 11s. What I am NOT going to do is make the jump to Seperates (Pre-pro/Amp). Will the Denon 3310 be able to sufficiently drive the Studio 100s? The new v5 are rated at 90db sensitivity. The Monitor 11s are rated at 94db. I am installing this receiver in a 5.1 system. I know the Denon has assignable surround back channels. Should I just bi-amp the surround back to the 100s "highs?"

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 755
You have pretty much answered your own question. Bi- amp the 100's. But which center will you choose? The CC 690 is basically a 100 turned on its side.

Username: Son_in_law

Post Number: 5
I already have my center. It is an older one...Paradigm Reference Studio/CC. I am using Paradigm SA-15R for my rears.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 756
Nice set up Jim, Paradigms are a very good speaker. I have recommended and installed Paradigm since the early 90,s. I am also a big fan of Denon receivers,check out there iPOD docks. The way they intergrate with the receiver and TV makes thing simple.

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 47
nah bi-amping with the same amp has never shown me much ..
if you have your heart set on the 100's then use the denon I'm sure it will be fine at 120 watts x 7 for the studio's denon's a cousin of marantz and they under value wattage.,
if not go to audiogon and pick up a used powerful 2-channal amp and hook it up to the pre outs on the back of the denon..
then you can still use reciever for ht. too.

and go with decent wire at least type 4 audioquest
vince
theaudioguy.ca
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us