Using TV's internal speaker as center speaker for 5.1

Username: Jimneb

Omaha

Post Number: 1
I have a Harmon Kardon avr-354 but I cannot mount an external center speaker so I have to use TV's center speaker. I also have 4 other speakers mounted in ceiling. As soon as I raise the TV volume on Samsung LCD the sound in room sounds echooee. I think the TV has DVI audion input. Can I use the avr-354 center speaker output to connect to TV's only audio input which I think is the DVI audio input. Will the AVr-354 recognize the Tvs internal speaker as a center speaker in a 5.1 system and allow me to use their EZ calibration for room setup. If not how do I balance TV internal audio speakers with the other external 4 speakers.

Username: Son_in_law

Post Number: 4
I don't believe there is a reliable way to do what you want. The "echo" you hear is actually going to be a timing issue where your 4 speakers are playing a split second different than your TV. If your HK has it..you might be able to adjust the delay in your audio signal and see if that helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Vm8444

Post Number: 51
jim's right try that

if not eliminate center from set up sort of like phantom center see if that helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us