Help! re: LG LHB953

Username: Mad_badger

Post Number: 1
What a great website, glad I found it!

I recently installed my LG LHB953 (HTIB) but have a few problems that I know I can fix with the right advice.

1. Put in a DVD and sound only came from front and sub, the rear speakers were not on at all. Will they only be used for 5.1 content - maybe more recent movies?

2. I was really looking forward to playing my wii through this system, but right now it's only coming out of the TV because there's no way to hook the wii up to this model.

3. I also thought it would be cool to watch TV through this system.

Current connection is an HDMI cable from the blu-ray / receiver to the TV. The wii is running directly into TV as well via component/avi input.

From what I've researched, all can be fixed if I run an optical cable from the TV back to the receiver. Is this correct?

Also wanted to know how to get those rear speakers working. Thanks much in advance for any light that can be shed on this. I appreciate it!

Brian

Username: Mikev87

Hi i have the same problem with the speakers, did you find a solution, i also have my cable reciever hooked up to the system via optical and also dont hear nothing let me know if you found out anything thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 743
Recheck all speaker connections those cheap speaker clips are hard to get a good connection. The LG LHB953 has plenty of inputs for your system. Connect the Wii video to the TV and the audio red and whites to the AUX input on the LG LHB953. Connect your cable box to the LG LHB953 via digital coaxil cable for TV sound. You don't need to s[\pend any money on this cable, any yellow video cable will do.

Username: Rebeb31072

I purchased an RCA DVD/ Home Theater System and hooked it up to our Sony Bravia TV. The surround sound works when we play DVD's but does not work when watching the TV on the Dish System.
The DVD player is connected to the TV with red/white/yellow Audio/Video Jacks. The DVD Player instructions said to cycle "Line in/AUX in" on the display to " AUX in" and the sound should play through the surround sound speakers, if not change the TV sound settings to AUX Sound.
The TV sound settings will not highlight the "alternate audio" or the "MTS" functions so they can be changed.
So my question is, what am I doing wrong for the surround sound to work with both the regular TV shows and the DVD's, not just the DVD's ?
Any suggestions ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us