Denon AVR-688 HELP

Username: Soaddrummer

Post Number: 1
Hello there, I have a Denon-688 receiver and a bose acoustimass 10 series 3 setup. I've had the system working fine when i had it setup in another room, so all speakers are compatible. Anyways, the problem is that when i have the receive set at mono, jazz club, video game, rock arena, all speakers work fine. but when i set the receiver to 5ch/7chstereo , cinema, music dolby PLII...only the centre, right, rear right and sub work...the lefts don't work at all. I tried moving all the wires to zone 2 and still same problem...what would be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 721
The first thing I would do is to run the set up for the receiver again Go to menu and then to manual system set up, speaker set up and make sure the system knows all you speakers then run a speaker level test by selecting test tone. Check you HDMI and digital in assignemnts. Then get back to us if this does not help.

Username: Soaddrummer

Post Number: 2
i did the tone test and all speakers were emitting tones....i'm on 5 ch stereo and still nothing on my lefts....how do i know the system knows the speakers? i set the feet for each speaker also...how do i check the hdmi assignment? im new to this receiver

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 724
What source are you using DVD, cable, iPOD...
It sound like all speakers are connected correctly, so its possible that the left input is not connected correctly. What are you using for connections? If HDMI or digital cable then this is not the poblem. Does this problem occur with all sources?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us