How to connect Extra speakers to hifi

Username: Jasper1422

Post Number: 3
Hi all

I'm looking for some help on how to go about connecting extra speakers to Hi fi. the system I am buying is iLuv I9200 4CD Vertical iPod System. The reason I'm buying this one is that its wall mountable and looks good. The wall I am putting it up on has cables running back to each corner. So I have 4 cables to connect into this stereo. My question is can I just double up on the output for the external speakers that already come with unit? Meaning 2 cables go into left and 2 into right?

Can someone recommend where I can buy a good speaker at a ok price?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 720
NO. If the system is an 8 Ohm set up and you put two speakers on one channel the system will read it as 4 Ohms. It will work at first but over time the unit will heat up and die an early death. The player looks sharp in the pictures but it must be cheaply built for $175. Dont use there speakers and only use what ever speakers you wind up buying possible with a speaker selector so you can hook up 4 speakers to the system. Now the bad news the additional speakers and switcher will cost 2X the system price. Just spend &600 on a better sytem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us