Post Number: 1
I am planning to install a dedicated Hometheatre system as per the foll config:

1. NAD T 785 HD A/V receiver
2. Dynaudio Excite 32 Front Speakers
3. Dynaudio Excite X22 C centre Speakers
4. Subwoofer and Suround speakers of PSB make
5. Projector of optoma HD20
6. Da Lite Screen

Approx cost including Installation & commissioning is $21K. Pls let me know whether this is a good configuration and also will it give me value for money or Iam overspending on this config.

Gaja

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 715
Listed equipment
1. NAD T 785 HD A/V receiver $4000
2. Dynaudio Excite 32 Front 2800
3. Dynaudio Excite X22 C centre 850
4. Sub woofer/ Surround speakers PSB 2000 ???
5. Projector of optoma HD20 1000
6. Da Lite Screen (depending on 2000 size/mechanics
Total $12650
Not listed Cables and brackets add $500-1000. This leaves about $7500-8000 for installation this seems like a lot but I don;t know what the install will involve as far as re-patching and painting walls or adding electrical outlets.
The optama projector seems to be the weak link in the chain you can better while spending $21000

http://www.hometheatermag.com/frontprojectors/

Check out this web site for some reviews of front projectors. And don't get over zealous with the size of the screen if you go over 100" it will begin to wash out if you stay closer to 90" you will get a better picture.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2548
­
With the sub it doesn't matter so much, but why are you mixing brands between the fronts and the surrounds?

Username: Devi_pathy

Post Number: 2
Thanks for your thoughts.

Casey -
As Iam in India, I need to add the customs duty, transit costs etc which will add up to approx 20% of the costs. I have budgeted close to $5000 for the interiors mainly for acoustic treatment.

John -

I have no valid reason for changing the brands. I will check on the Dynaudio surrounds.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 722
Your spending $5000 on room acoustics and $1000 on the projector because of a 20% duty tax. Someone tell what is wrong with this picture.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us