HDMI Problems w/Comcast

Username: Bsquared

Post Number: 8
I seem to have a problem with setting up my home theater audio and video with Comcast. My problem is that the "handshake" or signal between my HD cablebox and my plasma tv. When I change channels from HD and non-HD channels, the video goes black. Below is my components, but it is a fairly simple connection. Inputs = HDMI connection from the HD cablebox and BluRay player to Sony AVR.
Output = 1 HDMI cable to my plasma

Please let me know if you have any suggestions!

Panasonic 50" HD Plasma Model: TH-50PX75U Inputs: 2 HDMI, 2 analog audio, 1 composite video, 1 S-video, 2 audio and 1 component video

Harmon Kardon AVR 254 7 x 50W 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver
Sony - Blu-ray High-Definition Disc Player
Model: BDP-S300
Comcast Digital HD Cablebox }

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 712
"When I change channels from HD and non-HD channels, the video goes black." For how long does it go black? All HDMI connection cause a delay when you change channels. This is an older set did this just start to happen. Try running the HDMI directly to the TV from the cable box to see if the problem persist. I've had problems where the cable box would not cooperate and had to use component cables to the receiver and HDMI to the TV.

Username: Bsquared

Post Number: 9
Thanks for replying Casey. The screen goes black until I switch the source (cable to bluray/bluray back to cable). It seems like it's checking for what to display like HD or non-HD. Currently, I am using component cables for sound and HDMI direct to TV because it is so annoying.
Any thoughts on optical for sound? For the cable setup, I tried HDMI for video and optical for sound and (IMO) it sounded worse that the component sound. }
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us