Hey, Casey...

Username: Goldenbear03

Post Number: 10
...wanted to get your input on something. When you were suggesting TV's to me, you suggested the Panasonic TC-P50G10. Great TV! Until today, I had planned to purchase it. I found though today that the TC-P50S1 is about $300-$500 cheaper, depending on where you buy it.

Do you have any feelings on the TC-P50S1 version? Is the TC-P50G10 worth the extra money? There don't appear to be many differences to me.

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 707
Depending on where you buy it can be very important with an item of this expense. I suggested JR.com because they are the # 1 rated online retailer listed in Consumer Reports and I have purchased from them many times. The big difference in the Plasma sets is computer compatibility and the ability to set THX picture mode in the P50G10. THX picture mode is trying to simulate an ISF (Image Science Foundation) Calibration. There is a $200 list price difference between the 2 sets. I see online that Sears has the P50S1 on sale for $999 till Sat 10/31/09. This is a good buy and you can put the extra money into better sound system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us