Used B&K 507 or new NAD T755

Bronze Member
Username: Srkstan

Kazakhstan

Post Number: 72
I have had a NAD T762 for about five years. I bought it factory refurbished. I have loved the sound, but it is starting to get finicky. Lately, it seems to be overheating and going into safe mode when it needs to work hard (such as serious music or sound effects on TV). It is driving a B&W 600 speaker set-up that I use for both HT and music.

As a result of the problems I am having with my NAD, I am considering getting a new HT receiver. There is a guy locally who is selling a 6-year old B&K 507 for about the same price as the new NAD T755. The B&K has more power (150wx7) than the NAD, but it is used. The NAD has some new features, but not as many as most new HT receivers these days. Do people here consider the durability and sound of the B&K better enough than the NAD option to justify buying used? I would love to hear some opinions before I take the plunge either way. The guy selling the B&K told me that it would be like choosing between a 6 year old Mercedes (B&K) and a new Hyundai (NAD). Is that a fair comparison?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us