What's the best set top box for web tv?

Username: Christpuncher

Post Number: 1
I'm tired of cable and sat! I have been watching all my favorite shows on my pc. what is the best set top box for streaming web tv? I have seen a couple out there but they are limited to the channels they have programed into them and youtube! What I wan't is something inexpensive that has web browser capabilities so i can go to hulu, and the networks, and one of my favorites is tv-links.cc. I don't need HD since I only have 2 MB connection and a bandwidth cap of 42G

Username: Thetechmagnet

Post Number: 4
I have a Vizio full HDTV, but it's not equipped with an Ethernet port nor does it have wifi. I need a set top box - or maybe a game console? What's the best set-top box out there that will give my the full 1900x1080 display and look good?

Bronze Member
Username: Klepsydra

Post Number: 39
Take a look at Roku. The new Apple TV is also nice if you have a bunch of iTunes content. If you just want to stream Netflix, Hulu etc I've heard great things about Roku.

You could also just get a networked blue-ray player, or game console.

Silver Member
Username: Nency

Post Number: 204
Hello friends...
Google hopes that the new platform will succeed where dozens of lesser efforts have failed—to truly and seamlessly integrate web content onto TVs, bringing services like Twitter and sites like YouTube, in addition to games, webapps, and, of course, Google's search, to the big screen. The Google TV software reportedly includes a version of Google's Chrome browser for doing some light surfing, as well. More details for
http://gizmodo.com/5495856/a-google-tv-set+top-box-is-coming

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15984
Apple TV works great.
And for Nency Michel...you really need to stop copying and pasting your post from other websites and pretend they are your posts. Did you read the forum rules?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us