Cable to connect tv to home theater

Username: Raiderball1

Post Number: 1
ive been trying to figure this out for awhile, the more I look into it, the more confused I get lol... My TV does not have the Red/White audio out jacks on it. It does have an orange Coax (is this the same thing as SPDIF?) which I'm assuming is going to give the sound output from my TV because I swear Ive tried everything else. Only problem is my Home Theater system (Samsung HT-Z410) doesn't have the other end of the orange Coax cable. It's got a spot for components, and the red/white audio and yellow video. It also has a digital audio input (optical). Is there any way to connect the orange coax to the digital optical input? (If that made any sense) or is there another way that I'm overlooking? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Erik

Username: Raiderball1

Post Number: 2
oh, and I only have a coax cable to connect my cable to my tv (don't have a box) so i can't go optical to optical

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 866
Greetings Erik,

The best thing to do, as you may have already guessed, would be to get a cable box but you can do the digital coax to optical conversion:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10423&cs_id=1042302 &p_id=2948&seq=1&format=2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us