Sound levels are low for cable only

Username: Bdogg

Post Number: 2
Hi I asked yesterday about my setup diagram and was fortunate enough to get a couple of answers, thanks so much. Now I have a new problem of course. After getting my setup put together the dvd/vcr plays perfect but the cable sound is very low. I would have to turn it up almost the entire way just to get minimal sound. Would anyone have an idea why this is because the dvd is loud with the receiver hardly turned up. Could this be a receiver problem? It is a somewhat older receiver.

Thanks
Brooke

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 865
Greetings Brooke,

To eliminate the receiver as the problem switch the audio inputs on the receiver between the DVD/VCR and the cable box. Does that make sense? If the cable still has low sound in the DVD input then it is either the wire or the box. The next easiest thing to try then is to make sure the volume on the cable box is all the way up. Some, if not all, of the Motorola boxes have internal volume and needs to be pretty close to max before "stereo" is indicated.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Good luck

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2509
­
As Jim has said, the volume control on the front of the SA 8300 itself must be all the way up. Whenever the power goes out in my home, I have to go to the cable box and push the VOLUME + button until max volume is achieved. Only then will the cable's volume level match the other components in my system.

Are you using the digital output from the cable box into the receiver?

Username: Bdogg

Post Number: 3
Thank you Jim and John so much. My cable box was turned up but when I checked the sound using the dvd wires it worked great, so I figured I needed to double check my cable connections. It turned out my digital audio was for input2 only and my cable was set for input1, after changing it up everything looks and sounds perfect. Thanks so very much I owe you guys, now unfortunately I feel the urge to upgrade and really get this addiction going :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us