Help on setting up surround sound

Username: Mikep3396

Post Number: 1
So I have a pretty old reciever, and currently ive had the rca cable plugged in from the comcast cable box to the receiver. This current setup sounds good but im goin to college and I wont have a cable box just basic cable. So I took the cables out of the comcast box and plugged the red and white into the tv to test it out. I get sound but it just doesnt sound as good as when it was plugged into the cable box. It sounds like most of the sound is now coming out of just the center speaker. Any help?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 687
What kind of TV? You may not have the rca jacks plugged in correctly. It sound like you have a mono connection only, either right or left is not correct.

Username: Mikep3396

Post Number: 2
ok so i got a new receiver and the surround sound from the 360 sounds great via the optical cable. My only problem is with the cable tv, I have the optical hooked up from the tv to the receiver and the sound only comes out of the center speaker. The surround sound works when I plug in the rca cables from the cable box to the receiver. The problem is I wont have a cable box to use in college just the cable from the wall. Would I need a vcr player to plug the cable into from the wall then into the tv?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 854
Greetings Mike,
If, once you get to school, the TV speaker out jacks do not work then yes, a VCR could solve your problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us