Muffled sound in dsp modes from cent speaker

Username: Hendo1972

Melbourne, Vic Ausstralia

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Seeking some advice i am running a modest home theatre set up consisting of a Yamaha rx v 357 receiever through pro lab speakers it is a 5.1 set up running a digital lead from the dvd player to amp for watching dvds. it is a budget system andfor the most part am happy with it. The problem that we have is that when we watch a movie in 5 ch surround it sounds great no problems at all. What upsets me is that when i try one of the dsp modes like sci fi / adventure or anything else we get a muffled sound from the centre speaker, voices are hard to hear and we quickly revert back. any advice

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 839
The true question would be if there is anything wrong with your setup or system. DSP's do sound weird (or at least different, can't stand them myself) but shouldn't be truly awful or painful to listen to.

Post Number: 2
i dont believe there to be a prob for as i stated in straight 5 channel stereo mode the system sounds great . if there was a prob this wouldn not be the case would it

Post Number: 3
if anyone has some info on how to maybe change the settings on my set up an what maybe is the best set up please let me know. our local store has suggested comming out to have a look at my set up but wants 250.00 to do this

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 840
One certainly wouldn't think so Cameron but if it really sounds bad there might be. I guess my point is that DSP's aren't for everyone. The simple answer to your concern is not to use them anymore and stick with the way the film makers intended them to be heard in 5.1.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us