Home Theater ?

Username: Gemini76

Post Number: 4
Hello,
I am trying to make a decision on which route to take. I am trying to decide between HTIB or buying everything separate. I was looking at HTIB ONKYO HT-S7100. What speakers should I get if I buy everything separate? Price range is between $700-1300. Any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 671
Most HTiB systems have the same weakness, there speakers. The Onkyo has a nice system list w/ Dolby HD, DTS HD, iPOD , zone 2, and speaker stands. Depending on the room this system may fit you but if you have a large room those speakers will not do.

Username: Mercedestoy1973

Temple, TX USA

Post Number: 1
Hi we are trying to hook up an old RCA Projector TV (two sets of regular cables <red,>, a cordial cable and an S Video cable), to a satelight, Pioneer Turner several regular cables <red,> on it, & VCR/DVD magnobox combo regular cables <red,>, & S-Video. The way we have it routed through the Turner (pioneer), it has audio but no video on the VCR only, we have hooked the DVD part of the combo with an S Video cable and switched to favorite SVID on the TV and the DVD works fine but the VCR still not not show video. we even tried to hook the regular cables to the TV from the VCR and we still only have sound and no video. Do you have an diaogrms that might help us hook this all up the correct way that it all works?

Username: Mercedestoy1973

Temple, TX USA

Post Number: 2
PS Could the S Video cable overide the regualr ones when it is hooked up as well?

Post Number: 5
The living room is 14' 2"x 24' 3". Is this Onkyo HTIB sufficient enough to work in a room of this size?

Post Number: 6
i forgot to add this dimension: height between 11'-14' high

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 677
NO. That is afaitly large room. I don't think a HiTB is the answer for you.
RECEIVER: Pioneer. Onkyo or Denon should fill the bill.
SPEAKERS: I like Paradigm but there are so many good ones out there. Energy, B&W, PSB,...

Username: Margaidgaiana

Post Number: 1
I currently have a samsungTV and am looking for a home theater system to hook up to it. I am looking for a system that is around $500. This should include the receiver and speakers. I only want it to be Dolby 5.1 and want to be able to hook up a dvd player, my tv, and possibly a blu-ray player for the future. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
home theater
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us