Need help - what do I need to make this work?

Username: Apparently_a_moron

Post Number: 1
Hi there, I have a 37" Vizio LCD TV that is hooked up to my comcast HD cable box via HDMI1 and a Playstation 3 via HDMI2. I was given a killer BOSE speaker system with 5 cubes and 1 module/subwoofer, with all the power and speaker cables. I do not have a receiver of any kind. What do I need to buy to hook all this up and make it work?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 821
Hi Sarah,

You will need a 5.1 receiver of some sort. There are hundreds to choose from so without being too nosy, what sort of budget are you thinking of?

Post Number: 2
Something that could be bought at Walmart (LOL) we don't have any big electronics stores around here. Since the speakers were given to us, I really don't want to go overboard on a receiver. Would this be something that we could hook the PS3 up to also so we could watch Blu Ray and DVD's in surround?

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 25
What you will be able to hook up is dependent on the receiver you buy... Can you tell us what model the TV is?

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 26
The least expensive 5.1 receiver at walmart is $129 online and not available in stores; http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5301826

If you can wait for the item to be delivered you can find many options online...

Post Number: 3
Thanks for everyone's input, but I think I am going to sell it... I really don't think I would ever use it all that often.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us