HELP!!! Connecting home theatre system

Username: Freeze123

Post Number: 1
I have recently bought a TOSHIBA 37CV505 37" LCD HD Ready Digital TV 37CV505DB, and a Acoustic Solutions 135 5.1 Home Cinema System. My problem is that i haven't got a clue how to connect the home cinema system. I would like the sound from my normal sky digibox, ps3 & WII, and tv to all go through the speakers. I am totally usless with wires so as much assistance as possible would be much appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 813
I can't find any information on your Acoustic Solutions system but unless it has several inputs on the back (which most HTiB's do not) I am sorry to say that you are not easily going to accomplish your goal.

Post Number: 2
The back panel can be found at the following link:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acoustic-Solutions-Cinema-standing-speakers/dp/B001GJN7FE

Silver Member

Post Number: 814
Sorry Mark but the link doesn't work and I do not see anything with a model number of 135.

Post Number: 3
Here is the image,

Upload

If i need to buy anything then please list.

Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 815
As I suspected Mark your system only has input for one device.. There are a few options, the first being returning this system and getting a separate receiver and speakers. There are a ton of advantages to this strategy such as getting the full audio out of your Blu-ray PS3 but it may not be possible. If it REALLY isn't possible you could go with something like this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stereo-CD-AUX-switch-3-way/dp/B000KVODHA

A switch like this would then allow you to connect your three devices (Sky, Wii, and PS3) into the one input of your HTiB.

Post Number: 4
Would some think like this work: Vivanco SBX94SE 3 Way Scart Switcher / Distribution Amp

or

Joytech 245C AV Control Center

Silver Member

Post Number: 817
They probably could but all you really need is to switch audio signals to your HTiB. Your TV can handle all of the video switching.

Post Number: 5
I've decided to go for AV Control Center 2 from joytech. Will this be suitable.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 23
It looks to me like the Toshiba has enough inputs and outputs to connect through the tv and then pass the audio through to the HTIB?? I realize this is not the best audio soution but it should work no? At least this way what ever is displayed on the TV will be what's heard through the speakers... I say skip the switcher and plug all your components into the back of the TV inputs then feed the audio to the HTIB.

Post Number: 6
Any idea how i would connect to the tv. as i mentioned earlier i havn'tgot a clue with wires, and the manuals are not clear.

Bronze Member
Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 24
Do you have the TV manual? First off I assume the Sky is your cable / sat. set top tuner? If the Sky has scart or HDMI then you want to connect that first. Once you connect that through one of those you should have all video and sound fed to the TV. Next I would connect your DVD to HDMI input 2 and then the PS3 to HDMI input 3 and the Wii to your component or analog input 4. From the TV you need audio cables to go from Sub out to the jack labeled W on the AS135 and the RCA fixed audio R&L to the 2 channel in on the AS135. The only problem I think you may have this way is getting 5.1 sound from components. I do not see where the TV lists any 5.1 fixed outputs and I can't find a picture of the TV rear connection panel... I guess the big question is whether or not the AS135 can decode the signal from the 2 channell inputs to 5.1 or not?? Here's is how I'd start;

Run the L&R audio cable from the fixed audio out on the TV (should be the red and white RCA plugs) to the 2 channell input on the speaker amp (don't connect the sub cable from TV to AS135). Connect your Sky and PS3 as listed above and then try playing a 5.1 DVD in the PS3 and see if you have full sound from the speakers. Make sure you select Aux. as your sound source on the AS135. If you do not get surround sound this way then you should probably consider getting a better HTIB setup like Jim suggested...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us