Help with my sony str-db1080

Username: Thoughlolly

Post Number: 1
Hi, i bought a sony db1080 off of ebay, it seems to not put any sound through my bub woofer or centre speakers. only does 2ch stereo.

the sub works fine on the old amp. and when i play a dvd, i get sound through the centres. but still nothing through the sub.

kina over my head on this and i could really use some help. i can post photos or provide descriptions of how everything is plugged in if that will help.

cheers

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2463
­
Hello phill. Welcome to the forum. We need to make sure of a couple of things regarding your problem.

First, make sure that your subwoofer is hooked up to the right jack on the receiver. There are two output jacks near the upper right hand corner of the receiver's back hookup panel. There are two subwoofer jacks near the lower left, but these are inputs, so you should not use those. See page 19 in your user guide.

Second, you should make sure the receiver is set for "Auto Decoding". This enables the receiver to detect and decode the Dolby Digital or DTS surround signal coming in to any of the optical or coax inputs. See page 34.

Other than these two things, I'm not sure what your problem might be.
­
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us