How do I hook this up?

Username: Chryslynn

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I've read over some threads and am still a little confused on this setup. I'm sure I should be able to figure this out myself but I can't so I'm asking..

I got a used RCA RT2770 (1 dig coax, 1 optical and rca hookups) 5.1 system yesterday (5 speakers and receiver) I have a new hdtv w/ optical and hdmi hook ups. I have a new Dish 722 box (dig coax and optical and hdmi) and a bit older dvd/vcr combo (rca and dig coax). I'm hooked up right now w/ just rca type red, white and yellow cables and am not getting sound from the center or rears, only the fronts. What would be the correct way to hook this system up and w/ what cables and should I expect to always get audio out of the rears?

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2451
­
You need to run an optical cable from the satellite box into the RCA receiver, and a coax cable from the dvd/vcr into the receiver. You should always get sound from the center and sometimes from the rears, depending on the source signal.

Username: Tweakjjs_gurl

Butler, Pa Usa

Post Number: 1
ok in need of alittle help here. i have a toshiba dvd/vcr/tv combo and im trying to hook up a godvd and dvd recorder to it. i have had the stupid cables every way known to man and some not known to man in the tv and those two boxes. i still cant get it to record anything!! not even my regular t.v. any help would be appreciated, also if i posted this in the wrong place sorry and could ya let me know where it needs to be please. thanks}

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2474
­
Need model numbers, tweakjjs gurl.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us