Need help

Username: Swanseajack87

Post Number: 1
Greetings guys. I need some knowledge.

I bought myself a 5.1 surround sound system the other day, but cant hook it up (Apart from one speaker and the woofer).

So, in the box I had 3 lots of 2 cables (Red and white connections on each), 5 speakers and one woofer.

So, easy to hook up? Not for me, Grrr.

How can I hook it up to my Dvd player or DVD, tv and xbox?

All I have in my bedroom is a TV, an Xbox360 and a dvd player. The TV wont accept signal as I dont have sky or an aeriel. My TV is used solely for dvds and gaming.

On the back of the TV, I have two scart lead connections (One used for Xbox, the other for the DVD). I also have a 3 way plug in point, red, white and yellow. I also have one of these on the front of the TV.

On my dvd player, I have the same 3 way plug in point, red, white and yellow. But also a red PR, blue PB and green Y but they say these arent to be used in the Uk.

Ont he Xbox, i have no connections.

How doI go about setting this all up???

Oh, on the ub woofer, the connections are:

Input -FL, SL, CEN, FR, SR and SW

Output - FL, SL, CEN, FR and SR (All used for the speakers)

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 725
Greetings Ashley,

It would help a lot to know the make and model numbers of your new surround sound system. Without that info I would just be guessing!

Username: Swanseajack87

Post Number: 2
Its called a Durabrand home theatre system, model number sa51ar

Silver Member

Post Number: 726
AHHHHH!!! Well, ok Ashley I will try but Durabrand has to be the least supported system known to all humankind. There are no pictures, owners manuals or good information online so I am absolutely running blind here (excuses/disclaimers given prior to diving into all of the mistakes I am probably going to make) so, with that said...

By the description you give it would SEEM that the system is to be operated by something capable of what is called 5.1 DIRECT pre-outs rather than having the ability to decode surround information from a left/right or red/white analog RCA connection. I am sorry to say that IF THIS IS TRUE *** you need to purchase an AV receiver capable of outputting this format.

To put this simply it looks as though what you have purchased is simply a speaker package and an additional purchase of an AV Receiver is required.

Username: Rmammerschuber

NY USA

Post Number: 7
Wow, Jim is fast! I tried to pull up something (anything) on the web and all I could find was similar questions / problems.

My thinking is to take it back and get an all in one DVD HT for what you're doing.

I just (for christmas) got my daughter a relatively inexpensive Memorex 5.1 model # MiHT5005 that even has the Ipod dock for her bedroom http://www.memorex.com/products/product_details.php?FID=50043&PID=50732.

Sorry I don't have a better solution....

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 607
Durabrand sounds like one of those white van horror stories. RETURN IT NOW!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 732
Durabrand is actually a Walmart fiasco. They are cheap and apparently attractive but there is absolutely no information is support of the product after the sale at least for those of us searching the internet for said info!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us