The mess behind my TV

Username: Kicks82

Post Number: 9
Alright... so any thoughts as to how to fix the mess behind my TV would be greatly appreciated. Also have an HDMI question too...

TV - 40" toshiba LCD (has 2 component inputs, 3 hdmi, and 2 composites), optical audio out to receiver

WII - Hooked directly into TV via composite cables

Xbox 360 - Hooked directly into TV via composite cables

Blueray DVD - Video hooked into TV via component cable, audio into receiver with optical audio

Cable box - Video hooked into TV via component cable, audio hooked into receiver with Monster cable (not optical or digital coax)

Receiver - Onkyo TX-SR501 receiver

Router - Airport Express with audio cable to play music from computer via bluetooth capabilities

I am not utilizing any of the HDMIs.

What can I do to get rid of some of the mess, and optimize my audio and video? Especially looking for help with HDMI cables.

Also, may be looking to plug my computer directly into the TV to play video from computer on TV.

Thanks.

Jonathan

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 679
Greetings Jonathan,

With the equipment you have I wouldn't worry too much about introducing HDMI but would recommend using your receiver to more advantage while at the same time reducing the amount of wire at the back of the TV. All audio and all video should be going into the receiver and then just video (one composite cable and one component cable) going out to the TV

Connect the Wii (video 1 or 2), the XBox (video 1 or 2) to the receiver via composite (RCA Red/White/Yellow) in then the receiver to the TV via composite video (RCA yellow).

Connect the Blu-ray (DVD In) and the cable box (video 3) to the component inputs of the receiver and then a component out to the TV.

Hope this helps,

Username: Kicks82

Post Number: 10
That does make sense. What do you think my options are if I want to do HD gaming? I'd probably need to introduce HDMI at that point, right?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 680
The Wii only has component video last I checked but it is a nice upgrade. The XBox does have an HDMI option which would then add a wire or to to the back of your TV!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us