Help with new system

Username: Soul40k

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, been reading for a while but haven't really needed help (always been interested in getting a system).

I have the oppourtunity to get a 7.1 500W Digital A/B Control Center by sony, and my brother is giving me his old (what he say are horrible) divinci 6.1 800W system.

So obviously the first thing I think of is, I won't have enough power. And I am pretty sure I am right, but then when I hook it up, and try a couple of different setups, it turns out, that even if I only plug in sub (the sub has a single plug in the control center, but 8 clips in the sub (4 +/- in and 4 +/- out for left and right), so I don't really know how I can set it up.

If anyone has any quick information for me, or might know what im speaking of specifically thats awesome, if not, I can show extra pictures (just have to take them) as I can see how this can be a very vague explaination, but I want to know if there is something I might be able to do, or if i am stuck with either getting a better center, or better speakers lol.

Thanks!!!!!

Soul

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 586
"what he say are horrible divinci 6.1 800W system" is horrible don't bother. What model is the sony. Don't be so hungh up on the WATTS they are not a true reading anyway.

Post Number: 2
unfortunetly I don't have the money for anything in terms of speakers, so I will be stuck with the divinci until I can find some thing good and on sale :-), hense why im trying to figure out what I can do, because I set it up today, and my sub doesnt put out much of anything.

The model is: SRT - DG720

Any chance I could successfully set this system up to get all speakers (mainly the sub atm) to work?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 587
NO

Post Number: 3
ok, thank you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help