Need Advice M&k or Klipsch??? HELP!!!!

Username: Crowley448

Murfreesboro, TN USA

Post Number: 8
Ok here's the deal. I currently have a Denon AVR 3200 running 3 M&K s-125 fronts, a Boston THX 12" sub, and Boston VRS THX pros. Someone is trying to sell me a YAmaha rx-v1600 running 2 Klipsch rf-82s, an rc-62 center, 2 rs-52 rears, and an RW 10d sub. I can not audition these because they are all disconnected, but he said if i buy he does guarantee everything to work properly, just will not go to the trouble to set up for someone to "browse". I can combine any of these (ex: use the boston sub with the Klipsch). I am 80% movies. Give me feedback if you know anything about this stuff, i could use the advice, and am thinking about doing it. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 666
Greetings,

Before making too many assumptions a little more background here may help. It sounds as though you are trying to make improvements to your existing system rather than adding a second system is that correct?

If so, that is one of the toughest questions yet, in fact it may be unanswerable by anyone or anything other than your own ears. With that being said if it were me, the price was right, and I had the money AND I was pretty sure the seller is simply lazy (that bit sounds a little weird and his guarantee is relatively useless) then it would be a lot of fun to give it a try. I would also be very interested in what the seller upgraded to. If it is a huge leap forward then I would feel better about the deal than I would if the new stuff were in the same price range as the stuff they are selling.

You would be getting what appears to be an upgrade on the receiver but there will be a difference in sound between them that will be noticeable that you may or may not like. The biggest difference will be in the sound processing with newer technology in the Yamaha and an additional 2 speakers but still, who's to say what you would like better?

The speakers are another unanswerable question. They will definitely sound different but again there is no one capable of saying what will sound better to you.

Username: Crowley448

Murfreesboro, TN USA

Post Number: 9
Thanks for the input. I know it is a difgficult question. He is selling because he moved to an aprtment. I thought about keeping both systems and putting one in the living room, but the wife is not a big fan. I i can, i was thinking putting the KLipsch, with the boston sub, and Yamaha in my miovie room and the other stuff in the living room. I want the movie room to have the best setup if i do get permission to keep both (sad i know). I really like the M&Ks. but if i can upgrade, i am all for it. I know that i can sell the M&k system and get all my money back that i paid for the Klipsch.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 668
Sounds like a plan to me, with your wife's permission of course
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us