Connect a DVD to 5.1 System Via Optical

Username: Mavelgr

Post Number: 1
I have a Pioneer S-DVD313 and i want to connect a Simple DVD Player via Optical for 5.1 audio When i conncet it and set the Pioneer System to AUTO sound and AUTO surround i did not get 5.1 Sound
The optical of Pioneer did not receive 5.1 sound or the dvd player did not send 5.1 sound? Please Help

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 657
There should be no trouble with the signal transmission, the concern is likely to be with the settings or the programming. What are you watching and what do you expect to hear? In other words how do know that you are not listening to 5.1 audio?

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 580
Just because you connect the optical cable from the DVD to the receiver the job is only half done. You need to engage the digital out put in the set up menu from the DVD player. Then before playing back the DVD go to the disc menu and in Audio select Dolby Digital or DTS. Most disc will automaticlly select Dolby Digital but a few may need a manual set up.

Post Number: 2
Thank you !! Both
Jim i put a DVD with only one Audio Stream (5.1 English) and one set of subtitles. When this DVD playing directly from Pioneer automaticaly recognised as 5.1 audio but when playing from the other dvd player (connected optical to Pionner) i have stereo sound only (In Auto mode of Pioneer)

I must search the other DVD menu for 5.1 audio of optical out

Silver Member

Post Number: 658
I cannot seem to find a manual for your system so I cannot tell you exactly how this is going to be done but I believe you need to change the surround settings from "stereo". The "Auto" setting has located where the signal is coming from (optical in) and now you need to tell the receiver how you wish to listen to it.

Post Number: 3
Hi Jim I have some news the optical out settings of my dvd is RAW and PCM which is the best for 5.1 Audio ? Or i need an other dvd player? Can I Sent you the manual of my pioneer to see the options?

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
What is the make and model number of your DVD player?

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
I have sent you a separate mail Manos
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us