Home theater hookup

Username: Rtbirdie

Post Number: 1
Hi I just bout a new sharp 52"TV Polk RM6750 surround speakers, Onkyo TX-SR606 receiver, I also have Dish network Dual receiver with no HDMI connections. How do I hookup from the dish so that my new TV is home theater for TV and dvds without affecting all the othe TVs in the house. Probably easy,but I'm lost. Help

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 599
Happy New Year Randy,

You simply need to take an audio output from your DISH box to your Onkyo receiver.

Post Number: 2
Thank Jim,
So here is my plan, Audio from dish to onkyo,HDMI from Blueray to onkyo,HDMI from onkyo to TV Dish antenna (coax) to TV. Does this sound right. Also my longest speaker run will be 35 feet. Is 18 guage ok or should I go heavier. Thank you very much for your help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 601
Audio AND video from your Dish box to the Onkyo. The audio should be digital either optical or coaxial and take the component video (Red/Green/Blue) to the Onkyo as well.

Regarding your speaker wire there is huge debate but here is a primer:

http://customconnectionsonline.com/faq10.html

I recommend no less than 16 gauge for ANY run.

Post Number: 3
I see the optical hookup on the dish and onkyo, Can I use the s-video for the video. I have a dual dish receiver and many splitters to get signal to my 8 tvs, everthing work good. I am afrid to disconnect and connect wires and really get lost. will the s-video work instead?

Silver Member

Post Number: 602
You will get a picture, yes but it would be a really poor picture on a brand new 52" TV. You might consider asking DISH for an HD box and run the rest of your house off the old one. There isn't a lot of sense in having the great TV without feeding it a signal that can take advantage of it's capabilities.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help, but I think I am in over my head, I think the dual receiver is confusing me. There are no red green and blue connectors on the back of the dish receiver. Sorry for troubling you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us