Onkyo?

Username: Titan_tom

Post Number: 1
i apologize if this question has been asked before and i missed it... ive seen very similar posts, but none really helped answer my question.

im looking to get an onkyo 7.1 system. right now i have a 5.1 system, but im looking to upgrade in a couple months. i have a ps3 and watch a lot of blu-rays, so that is my reasoning for upgrading.

in the research ive done so far, i think onkyo is the way to go. i wont have a very high budget for this, and onkyos seem to be the most reasonably priced systems, and theyve gotten pretty good reviews.

right now im leaning towards the s5100, which is $450 on crutchfield right now. it looks like its about as good of a product i can get for the price... the sr800 is quite similar i believe, but the whole hdmi only doing video is making me wonder. is it worth it to spend a couple hundred more dollars and get one like the sp908 or s6100? im also wondering if there is any sound improvement between them, or just slightly better features. or do you have any similar products that youd suggest?

again, im on a pretty tight budget(being a college student), but any advice, suggestions, or thoughts on the issue would help out a ton. thanks for any possible help.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 585
Greetings Nate,

The first thing that comes to mind is what 5.1 system are you planning to replace? Since you are on such a tight budget (and who isn't?) I would be very cautious when making upgrades. For example if you were able to keep your current speakers you could get yourself a REALLY nice receiver for $450.00!!

The Onkyo you mention would be a great starting point but it sounds as though you have already started.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us