Sub Woofer dilemma!

Username: Linda1

Post Number: 1
I have a LG lhrh361 Home Cinema set up, but for some time now I have only had sound coming from the front right & front left speakers. I have swapped the speakers around and they all work but only when plugged into the left/right position. Thinking that I could swap out the sub I bought an Audica sub 8 but now know that this is a passive sub and the one I am trying to replace is an active sub.
I thought that maybe I could connect the active sub to the passive sub but there is no connection for this on the LG. Is the only answer to buy an amplifier to replace the LG sub or is there a way to connect the passive sub directly into the DVD?
Any advice greatly received.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 579
So the first several things to check are potentially insulting to you and if so
I apologize but the first thing to check is the settings on the receiver and the second thing are the wires. If these are not the problem please let us know and we will carry on from there

Username: Linda1

Post Number: 2
Hi Jim

No apologies necessary. I had checked the wiring but did not check the sound settings properly and have now found a button on the remote control, XTS pro, which when pressed brings the whole surround sound to life! (How stupid do I feel!) All of my LG equipment is now in full working order. So thanks for that.

With regards to the passive sub that I have purchased, I am assuming that this is of no use with my current system especially now that it is working properly, or can it be used as an addition to the LG?

Thanks again for you help.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 580
If you can return the passive sub I would because the LG really doesn't need any more speakers (I worry about a mismatch that might really damage the amp).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us