Really Strange HDMI problem, Please help

Username: Atsomething

Post Number: 1
Hi,

I have the strangest problem with HDMI I ever encountered.
I cant get any HDMI signal from my pc to the TV anymore.

It worked a week ago but after not using the cable for a week I plugged it in and it didn't work anymore, no signal (dark screen).

in that week the only thing that happened was that I spoiled a little bit water on my PSU but I turned my pc off my pc immediately and everything still worked perfect after that.

so first I tried a different HDMI cable but it still had no signal.

I tried a replacement TV and it still didn't work, I even tried a different graphics card and power supply and I reinstalled windows and installed the newest NVIDIA drivers and omega drivers.
And i tried to activate dual display and custom resolutions but nvidia doesnt want to save the resolutions and the tv doesnt even flicker when i change the resolutions

the other things i tried were hooking up my TFT (samsung 930bf) to the hdmi cable with the dvi>hdmi adapter and that worked
but as soon as i power down my pc and only hook my tv on the pc and start the pc up again i get no signal,
i only see it flashing a couple of times when windows boots but the screen stays dark after that, a week ago before this problem I even got a picture on the bios startup screen but nothing now.
i tried everything except for changing my motherboard but that would be to weird if it really were the motherboard

my specs are:

Windows XP with NVIDIA driver 180.48
I have the NVIDIA 7900 GT and 9600 GT both tested
the TV's are Sony KDL 46d3500 and the replacement TV is the KDL 32u3000< that is the one i use currently

Can Anyone Please Please help me.. ?

Bronze Member
Username: Lion_cing

Post Number: 46
damn man sorry about your problem
Seems like you know more than I do.
only other thing I can think of is that your tv got short curcuit. Try using another device to the same tv connection for a test... good luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us