Panasonic 46PZ85U + PS3 - AV Recvr + Speakers?..room 10*10 ft

Username: Aiem77

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am a complete newbee, i have the Panasonic Plasma Viera TH-46PZ85U, PS3 80 Gigas, Panasonic Blu Ray DMP-BD30PL-K
and PC Soundcard Auzen X-Plosion 7.1. I would like to buy a receiver and speaker system within a budget of $1000. My idea is bougth a good receiver and middle package speakers plus subwoofer, in six months will upgrade the speakers.

The tv room is very small 10*10 ft, Do I need a system 7.1?

My variables are :
Budget: 1000 USD
Room: 10*10 ft
Usage: 50% PS3, 30% blu ray and series 720p format matruska .mvk or avi, 20% mp3.
Type of sound: I prefer fidelity vs power,sound no metalic. Good quality in low/medium volume..

The Receivers that i´m watching is a Onkyo TX-SR606 vs Harman Kardon 254 aprox- 350 usd in Amazon...

But in speakers i don´t know..

What receiver and speakers are best for my situation?

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 510
Is there any chance that you can go audition speaker/receiver systems? A visit to an audio store could pay big dividends. It is a relatively safe bet that you would be happy with either of the receivers but speakers are so personal it is difficult to say what you brand/package you would enjoy the most.

Username: Aiem77

Post Number: 2
Ok.. I read reviews about the Onkyo 606 vs HK 254..and listen both, and the HK have a beatiful design and the sound is more clear, but the Onkyo in low volume i listen it better. I don´t have trust in the audio store, sometimes they don´t have the right configuration... For other hand,, i read that the HK have many problems with the PS3 and the Onkyo have overheat problems. I am confussed.. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 550
I agree with Jim B "It is a relatively safe bet that you would be happy with either of the receivers" but the Onkyo seems to get the most ink. Your statement is the one I don't agree with "My idea is bougth a good receiver and middle package speakers plus subwoofer, in six months will upgrade the speakers." Why not just buy a good pair of speakers for the front L & R and a sub and then later when you have more money add the surrounds and center channel. Also as Jim B said there are so many speakers out there and so many opinons that it is hard to say this is the one, but saying that I like Paradigm speakers.
http://paradigm.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us