Issues with setup

Username: Walumb01

Post Number: 1
Just purchased Samsung LN52A650 and the Onkyo TX-SR-606. My cable provider is Time Warner with a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4250HDC. Tried hooking up via HDMI through my receiver, straight from the cable box and never could get a picture. Don't know whats up. Any help would be appreciated. I am kinda bummed that I cannot get it to work properly

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 534
Do you get a picture if you run the HDMI directly to the TV? What happens if you play a DVD through the Onkyo with HDMI? It may be possible that you don't have the HDMI plugged into the correct in put on the receiver. Do you get anything on the TV like the Onkyo set up menu?

Username: Walumb01

Post Number: 2
When i go straight from the cable box hdmi to the tv hdmi it the onscreen says weak or no signal. I went to the cable company and switched out cable boxes and they claimed that there has been issues with their gear and samsung hdmi At the moment I don't have a dvd player attached so i cannot verify the workings of the onkyo receiver. i have the red/green/blue cable connected from the cable box straight to the tv and then have my receiver connected via the Satellite/TV input

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 535
Did you try the new cable box with the HDMI directly to the TV? If the component video (red green blue) is working you could hook up a Digital coxial cable from the cable box to the receiver and the component cables directly to the TV

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 372
You should also make certain you are setting up the receiver properly. Assign an input to the HDMI port you are using etc.. Pay close attention to the manual for the receiver making sure to carefully follow all of the setup instuctions. If you have any questions on the manual let me know. If you have not assigned an input to the hdmi port on the receiver you are using that could explain part of the problem because if its not on the right input there will be no picture... Again there a several steps in the setup of the receiver that are all outlined in the manual. You cannot just make all of the connections and expect it to work. There is a lot more to the setup than that. There are many internal settings to consider...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us