Moving into a house that has no speakers

Username: T3nd3r

Post Number: 1
heya guys just a quick question. I am moving into a new house that is wired for sound in 3 rooms and have sourround downstairs and has a surround media room upstairs. My question is, in my current home I put in wall speakers in (sonance cr800) I have 12 of those now and they all work well. I have two speakercraft outdoor speakers, not sure about model. I think these Sonance speakers are about 10 years old. Should I just spend the money on newer techonology speakers? Have these speakers been blown away by the stuff they sell today? I am not a HUGE sound fanatic when it comes to movies etc... my budget won't allow it. I guess I am just really looking for opinions.

thanks guys,

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 428
New in wall speakers have advanced enough to at least consider them. They have rotating tweeters to better direct the sound and the advancement I like best is a housing so that the sound is more predictable. They have also gotten more plentiful (less expensive) and more importantly, easier to install.

The other issue is what you are going to fill the holes with as you leave your old house.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us