Hello , Can anyone please Help Me ?

Username: Canyouhelpmeplease

Post Number: 2
Hi , Im new here in need of some serious help. Ok Im not here to brag or anything like it just looking to try and do it myself.

Ok with that said , I just had my house built, I had a professional company come in and run all my audio/video wiring, However with the economy the way it is they went Bankrupt leaving me a house of wires in my basement and in 1st floor closet and out ALOT of money.

Now i dont really want to spend more but I have to . I am willing to hire another company but I think Id rather try and take on this project myself.

I have some basic knowledge mostly as a teen with car audio and some basic home audio knowledge, However this knowledge is outdated with new technology.

Ok heres what I have , Roughly 30 Polk Audio in wall/cieling mount speakers throughout my house inside/outside. And 1 sub in family room in wall. With 6 in wall volume controls. And thats it.....

Now what id like to know is how to hook it all up , All the wires are going into the basement , The wires are some blue CAT 5 and some YellowCAT 5 not sure if there is a diffrence in colors?? or why yellow and Blue?

To try to make this a little easier on you and me , I would like if you could explain what i will need, And what each peice does , as well as post a link to each peice of equipment .

Now the explaination doesnt have to be detailed just a simple explaination , I will read about it and come back and ask any questions I may have , This will save anyone who can help with thier time.

Now I know this isnt going to be cheap , I dont mind ,Im willing to spend some money, I just want it right if i am going to do this .

Im kinda looking for a reciever Onyko, Marantz, Yamaha or something that is of very nice Qaulity Say in the 600-1000 range possibly more. I dont see the point in overkill say 3000 dollars for a reciever. Im not sure if the Rec would have to have HDMI outputs or not?? Since this isnt your average hook up. Im looking at a Integra with 3 zones, But not sure how exactly the zones work??/

Id like to be able to zone the audio say for outside , Family Room , Master bedroom, And maybe another area.

I also have 7 TVs that would need hooked up as well , Id like to get surround out of all of them.

Any other things i would need to know please fell free to comment.

Hey Thanks Guys for any type of help or links you can Provide

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 413
I am quite certain that I can help you.

www.customconnectionsonline.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us