Bose Lifestyle12

Username: Krish222

London, Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1
Hi Folks,
I have recently setup a Bose Lifestyle 12 HTS and connected it to my Toshiba220E DVD player. Although the sounds effects arepressive, I am having a lot of difficulty in hearing the dialogues. Can someone please advise how I can fix this?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 691
Bose fans should be able to handle this one. If not, you may want to move it to the Home Audio section of this forum under Speakers category.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 692
oh, and borrowing from another "Old School" thinker. Where did you buy this unit and why are they not helpin gyou with some of your questions? I'm sure you spent quite a few pence on the LIfestyle, I'm quite positive the Bose dealer should have some form of customer service.
cheers

CraigW
Unregistered guest
Not sure about the lifestyle 12, if your bose remote has an option to have just the front three speakers on, press it, then, press the + button on the surround sound volume button 5 times and then hold it down for 3 seconds. Then hit the 5 speaker surround button and see if the dialogue is any better.

Username: Mwest

Stockton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
Try increasing the volume level of the center speaker only. I just did the same w/ my Bose and HK AVR 330, I increased the center channel by 2 decibels for improved dialogue hearing.

Username: Krish222

London, Berkshire UK

Post Number: 2
Hi Mike,
Thanks for your reply, how do I increase the volume of only the centre speaker?

gavincumm
Unregistered guest
the reason why you have trouble hearing the dialogue is because Bose cube speakers can not effectivly reproduce the mid range frequencies, which includes dialogue.

This is a common known fact in the newsgroups.

Bose is known as a "boom and sizzle" speaker. This means it reproduces piercing want to be highs, with boomy mid-bass.

your best bet would be to get rid of the bose entirely.

Gavin

Gaband27
Unregistered guest
Get rid of the Bose....For A LOT LESS money you can get something that will sound infinitely better.

For god's sake my cheap Yamaha and Athena Point 5's absolutely kill any of the Lifestyle systems. Look around at what you could actually buy for $2-3000, it'd make the Bose sound like a transistor radio.

Unregistered guest
I recently bought a home from a divorcing couple that had a Bose Lifestyle 25 Series 1 in place. Upon taking possession I discovered that the previous owner left me with only four of the double cube speakers, the audio input cable, and the am and fm antennas. What can I do to match up some other compatible Bose, or other components to make this thing work reasonably well? I need an Acoustimass module, the Lifestyle music center and its power supply, and hopefully a CD magazine. Does anyone have a creative suggestion besides throw it all away? Thanks for any help. George
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us