How do i hookup Home Theater system to TV (Onkyo SR-600)

Username: Homersaysbeer

Post Number: 1
Basically the title is the main idea. How do i hook it up so i can hear the HT system watching TV.

I don't have an antenna or use a cable box. I use a cable wire and that's all.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 522
We need alittle more info about your system. What TV are using, is Dolby Digital sound desirable. If you only have a non high def TV Dolby ProLogic may do. If you have audio out puts on the TV you could hook them up to the receiver for audio. If ther are no audio outs on the TV you could use a VCR between the cable in and the TV and connect the the audio out on the VCR to the Onkyo.

Username: Homersaysbeer

Post Number: 2
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8722448&st=Panasonic-42%22+720p+Fl at-Panel+Plasma+HDTV-TH-42PX80U&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1200703056233
It's the Panasonic 42" TH-42PX80U Plasma HDTV.

I'm not sure about the specs.
Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 523
You will need one set of Audio RCA wires (Red & White) to connect to the Audo out puts on the back of the TV to one of the video in puts on the back of the receiver, using in put 2 or 3 looks to be the easiest way to connect. DO NOT try to run an Optical wire out from the TV this out put is only for the internal HDTV tuner built into the TV that is used with an antenna. Do you receive high def programs with your set up ? If not you should consider a cable box or roof antenna to watch programs in high def.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us