Receiver and Speakers...

Unregistered guest
Alright. . .I want to build a system! I am pretty sure I want to purchase a Yamaha HTR-5760 receiver from etronics.com for $350 ($200 under Yamaha's suggested price and $150 under the major retailer I would go to) Anyway- - -
I have read few reviews on the model, can anyone offer advice or comments on the product or etronics.com? I'm a picky music listener (I'm pretty demanding with how it sounds) and also love high quality surround sound in my movies. . .I know, I know, I'm looking for the best of two worlds.
Assuming this receiver is a good deal, and the model is good compared to other brands, lets also talk speakers.
I am on a pretty small startup budget, so I want to spend around $400-$500 on a good receiver and then $100-200 on a 5.1 or 6.1 speaker system. I have some speakers from my current system I can use to upgrade to a 7.1 (I have 2 KLH Bookshelf speakers with 6 1/2" woofers and 3" tweeters). Best Buy seems to have a good deal on KLH Plat-6 speakers this week. I just want to get the biggest bang for my buck. . .I will slowly upgrade my speakers over time. I just need the best I can afford to utilize surround sound!
FYI. . I am a college student, so I'm budgeting $600 or so to this system and will upgrade speakers when I can.

I forgot to mention that I am curious about some of the technology in the receiver, the mic and auto setup. . .does it really work well?

Thank you!!!
Feedback is really appreciated, especially if you own either of these products and can attest to their features and quality!
Trevor C

trevclem
Unregistered guest
No opinions? I'm bummed, I will seriously take any advice or thoughts!
Thanks
tc

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 665
seems like your mind is set on the KLH, so go for it. With a tight budget, you should be saving up more for speakers that you wouldn't want to upgrade for a while.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us