Where to put the components - ($$ not a factor)

Unregistered guest
just found this site, and it seems like y'all are well equipped to answer this question.

my mother in law is turning her formal sitting room into something useful. She wants to get a nice TV to be the center of attention for the room. My inlaws are very well off and like to do things all out, so naturally she is considering a flat-screen plasma TV. i couldnt be happier.

Her concern, though, is that with the plasma TV almost flush with the wall, where would the components go and still look right? not sure if any of you have seen or designed anything interesting. or maybe there are some high quality shelving that is as much form as function that she could buy.

if i cant figure out something snazzy for her, she is considering buying a rear projection TV, putting a hole in the wall, and popping the TV in on a stand so that the screen is flush with the wall and the components look good on the TV stand under the TV. She'll have at least a DirecTV receiver and a DVD player as components and possibly a Receiver or a VCR.

Like i said, money is not much of a consideration. Should she go with the rear projection built into the wall? Should she get the plasma? Perhaps they can build shelving into the wall under the plasma TV?

if you have any ideas, feel free to share.

thanks,

bryan

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 639
money not being the case have tried inviting a professional installer from around your local area?
But I've seen some HTs with the Plasma on a false wall with the components on the side so the equipment is flush with the screen and everything else. It really looks sharp and uncluttered.
I'd like to see that project when it's done ;)
cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us