White Van Scam

Username: Prosem33

Post Number: 1
Hello,

I was just scammed by a method called the white van scam. I was pumping gas and two guys approached me stating that they needed to sell an set of high-end speakers their boss had ordered extra by accident. They were very convincing, as they showed me brochures, invoices and the like. I asked why they couldn't buy them or sell them to a friend, and they gave me some excuse about needing to deliver the whole shipment in my area within the hour. They also said that their boss told them to try and sell them for the wholesale price, otherwise, they would have to return them to the manufacture, which costs them more money.

The speakers were supposedly worth over $2,000 and I bought them for $200. I go home to look up the speaker brand and suddenly found out I was ripped off by the "White Van Scam."

Although I was suspicious about the purchase, I said to myself, "these guys are on camera, I have their license plate number, if they were ripping me off they must be insane because I can find them and have them prosecuted criminally." Turns out, the police seem to be on the crooks side, stating that I did in fact receive speakers. But what about theft by deception or fraud in the inducement? These are crimes in which the seller represents the goods are one thing, when I reality they are another. The cop I talked to gave me some b.s. line about "buyer beware." I said, "really, so I can go buy a bunch of fake diamonds and come up with a scheme to sell them to unsuspecting old ladies passing them off as real high quality goods?" He said, "two wrongs don't make a right." No kidding. I wouldn't rip anyone off but the point is that this scam was planned out to a tee, and with fake company shirts, brochures, invoices, and filled with lies as to the true nature of the speakers. THIS WAS A FRAUD.

Anyways, sorry to vent so much, but if you would like more info, just type in White Van Scam on Google. I have also created a website, immediately after this happened to me http://www.WhiteVanScam.com which has more info on the scheme and everything about it. Don't fall for this.

From,

A disgruntled victim.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 384
Hey Ryan,

You are not the first, this forum has a thread you may already have seen:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/274308.html

I am no lawyer but as far as the legal bit the cops are probably right in that what you received could be construed as worth the $200.00 you paid.

Hook up the speakers and try your best to enjoy them (while you continue the good work of warning others not to be fooled)!!!

Username: Kableguy

Post Number: 6
What a SUCKER! I hope you didnt tell your loved ones what you did with the food money. Next time go to your local brick and mortar.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us