Goodmans surround sound ghc4200pro

Username: Paul234

Post Number: 1
Hello , i have an unexpected problem. I have connected the sytem to my sky box output using plugin jacks .. The only spaekers that work are the 2 tall main speakers .the woofer and 2 smaller speakers do not works ..anyone with an answer?..thanks Paul

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 371
Quoted from Techradar.com:

There's only Dolby Digital 5.1 decoding onboard to cater for DVD soundtracks routed via the optical or coaxial digital inputs at the back of the subwoofer. There's no DTS decoding claim, but the GHC4200PRO outputs the rival format soundtrack regardless. Dolby Pro-Logic II converts analogue stereo sources connected to one of the four stereo inputs at the back into a near-digital 5.1 experience.

That would mean that you certainly should have surround.

From the User Manual:

http://www.goodmans.co.uk/content/ug/GHC4200PRO.pdf?language=en-GB

I see that there are separate switches for volume control on the remote of each speaker (front left, front right, centre, sub-woofer, and surround). Have you tried using those switches?

Username: Paul234

Post Number: 2
Thanks Jim , I'm still having problems .i've tried the seperate switches , nothing happens ,,dont know if this gives you a clue but when i moved one of the big speakers and changed the speaker wires the big speakers stopped working and now the woofer is the only speaker that works..Its all greek to me ..Paul
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us