Video Multiplexer/splitter

Username: Paradimes

Post Number: 1
Greets All~

Not sure what forum this would apply to.

Just curious...

I have a pc with storage I used to keep movies and I'm looking for a way to split these movies to multiple rooms at the same time.

Meaning, if someone wants to watch #1 in the living room, #2 in the den, #3 in the bdrm etc...all from the same source (pc)..what equipment would you use?

I'm thinking it could be as simple as ethernet, or more complicated through an optical and video mux to do this.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Username: Dimis

Post Number: 8
i have almost the same problem, altho i just want to send the signal 20 meters away to my HDTV set and AV.

using HDMI/optical cables for longs distances is almost out of the question, unless you spend a fortune on them (high quality ones for no signal loss) and also buy a ton of mixers/repeaters etc...

using wifi media player extenders (linksys, dlink extenders) is one solution as described 2 posts back, or using a desktop media player (tvix, popcorn etc) that gets files from your pc either steaming them or sending em over into its HDD for later viewing.(using cat5e or usb cables)

i hope it helped, altho i still havent seen anything of the above in action and cant decide myself

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 335
John, you would need either windows vista ultimate or home premium versions for this application.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us