Help with LG Home Theatre System

Username: Mj41079

Post Number: 1
I have:

PS3
HD Cable Box
HDTV
LG Receiver (surround sound)

I can't figure out how to get my tv AND ps3 to work through the surround sound... I have component cables, HDMI cables, optical cables... but don't know where to put the stuff, haha

all help is welcome!

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2324
­
You probably don't have enough inputs on the LG receiver. To confirm that, we need model numbers. Particularly the LG.

Username: Mj41079

Post Number: 2
LHT874

This is the LG

It has 1 HDMI input, and 1 HDMI output.. as well as HD component and an optical

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2325
­
"I can't figure out how to get my tv AND ps3 to work through the surround sound..."

The best way to have audio on both would be to connect the digital audio outputs of the PS3 and the HD cable box into the LG receiver. The problem is that you only have one optical input on the receiver. The other potential problem is that the digital audio output on the cable box could be coax. If that's the case, then I would connect the PS3's optical into the LG and the cable box's analog R/L output into the LG's R/L audio input. The receiver will most likely have some matrixed surround effects you could select when you are watching cable programs.

However, if the cable box has an optical output for digital audio, you could connect the PS3 and the cable box to a simple optical switch and select either to feed into the LG's single optical input.
­

Username: Brinky80

Post Number: 1
im also havin problems with my lg surround sound linked up through lg tv linked up through hdmi to tv.managed to get surround sound through normal tv but i have freeview built in and how do i get surrround for that thinkin of fiber optic cable im lost please help

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 634
an optical cable should solve your problem!

Username: Brinky80

Post Number: 2
its a right pain in the butt dvd surround sound got scart and audio in which connected has well for tv and hdmi is connected for dvds but want freeview surround never go on normal tv how can it be so complicated
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us