Home Theatre set-up

Username: Post1

Perth, WA Australia

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, new to this forum, but have had some success already on here looking at other threads.
I am in the middle of building a new house and just have a question about my set up.

I have a room with the dimensions 5m, by 5m squared, so it is quite a sizeable room. I am planning to run the JVC HD1 projector in the room. I just need some help in where to mount it as I don't want to bother the neighbours to much with excessive noise.

It is hard to show without a diagram, but as you walk into the room, to the left is a 5m wall obviously with a verandah window, near the corner, measuring 1.3m by 1m, not that big then the rest of it is all wall, with the double carport being on the other side. Directly on the other side is a 5m long wall, with the kitchen being on the other side. There is another window directly on the other side as you walk into the room, 1.3m by 2m, but in no way effects where I will mount my screen. I am running some pretty serious sound with my Rotel gear and the monitor audios, plus an SVS sub.

I just want to know which wall would be best for mounting the screen, as I don't want to much excess noise to travel out that verandah window, inviting people to take a look and nick my gear? I am concerned if the speakers face down towards the window that to much sound may come out the front window.
If i mount directly opposite that even with the speakers with there backs to the window, it may not make much difference.
The long window on the side doesn't matter as there ain't no house built there yet, pity, there is a window there.

I hope you can decipher what I am trying to say, any ideas would be great?

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 339
Perhaps all you need to consider is installing sound absorbing curtains on the window in question.

http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us