PS3/Surround Sound Problem

Username: Jzj

Post Number: 1
I bought a 5.1 Surround sound system yesterday and it works great. I currently have my PS3 hooked up to it via an HDMI cable. I tried playing a Blu-ray movie in my PS3 and I only got sound out of my front two speakers, but not the rear speakers. I went to the PS3 sound options and configured the HDMI to DTS 5.1. CH and Dolby Digital 5.1. CH. I have tried one without the other, and both together and still no surround sound. I went to bestbuy today and asked the guys there what I would need for it to work. They reccomended a Digital out (Optical) cable. I bought it, hooked it up to the surround sound system and the PS3. I went into the PS3 sound options and put sound out through the Digital out (Optical) cable. I selected what I had (DTS/DD etc) and I get no sound whatsoever out of that. I even checked/unchecked the linear options, and no sound at all (Not just no surround sound, none at all through the optical cable) So whats the problem, and how do I get surround sound from my PS3?

(Sorry, this is kind of a console question, and a bit long and confusing, But I would greatly appreciate any help.)

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 2309
­
Why are you so sure the problem lies with the PS3?
What about this "surround sound system" you have?
What is it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us