How to hook up sorround sound to sony tv without output outlet

Username: Valmoran

Post Number: 1
I would like to hook up my tv and dvd player to a sorround sound but when i try i don't get any sound from the speakers when i am playing only the television. Can you help me with the connections or wiring

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia [Detroit area], Michigan USA

Post Number: 298
Do you have a cable/satellite box?

Post Number: 2
no i do not have a cable box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 301
So I assume you are taking audio directly out of your DVD player?

How are you trying to get audio out of your TV? If it is from a digital source that might be the cause of this problem. Try taking an analog (red/white RCA) out to your receiver.

Post Number: 3
I just have a dvd player, a sanyo tv without audio out. Could tou give me an idea so can get the tv sound from the sorround sound

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
You will need to get a cable box if your TV does not have audio outputs.

Post Number: 4
Is it possible hook up a vcr to the tv and reciever to get the audio from the tv through the tv.

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
To answer your previous question: If you have a VCR you could run the cable into it, use it's tuner for watching TV and it's audio output to your Receiver for listening to surround.

To answer your latest question: If you want sound out of your VCR to your receiver and TV there are two ways to go. The best way is to get TWO RCA Y splitters:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021803 &p_id=663&seq=1&format=2

and run red/white RCA cables to both your VCR and receiver.

The second way is to simply run RF out (coax cable ) out of your VCR to your TV and a red/white RCA cable to your receiver.

Hope this helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us