Suggestions for a studio+ht system

Username: The4saken328

Post Number: 1
Hey guys and gals,
I'm going to be moving into an apartment soon and hope to have a nice setup, sound-wise. I am planning on building an amateur recording studio to record guitar and vocals and also home theater speaker system purely for music for now and adding a projector a while later. This is all centered on my HP notebook, which would be the source of everything. Well there are a few products that I just want to get some feedback and suggestions about connecting it all on. For recording and listening to music, I am considering the Echo Indigo IO soundcard. However, I have no idea if it'll work with a home theater speaker system, specifically the Fluance SX-HTB+ speakers, and am wondering how I would go about connecting these. What other items would I need, such as an AV receiver, subwoofer, or whatnot? Also, I am considering purchasing a Mackie Onyx Satellite Firewire recording system which would assist in supplying power to a Marshal MXL V63M Condenser Mic. Does this conflict with anything? And, if it matters at all, I also have a Podxt Live and am getting an Atomic Reactor amp soon. What would be the best way to connect all this? All suggestions are welcome. I just want an awesome sound system through which I can also hear my recordings. Thanks!

P.S. Just to make sure, hardwood floors > carpet floors, right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us