Need some help planning

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 228
I will be moving into a new apartment Aug 1 and am having a hell of a time planning my current home theater layout. I am going to get new tv/audio stands so feel free to give some ideas on what would go where for that stuff. Here is a link to the layout, the "living area" is where all the gear will go. Only real problem is I don't want to have the tv right infront of the windows... if possible.http://www.flickr.com/photos/hannjeff_87/2393394721/

Silver Member
Username: Cclashh

Post Number: 229
Anywhere that sells Home Audio Gear should have what you are looking for.. What Home Audio or stores that also sell Home Audio are in your area? Circuit City, Best Buy, Specialty stores for Home Audio...??

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 179
The floor plan already has a TV set in the living area. It is hard to judge exactly how large this area is without dimensions but it would seem as though are rather nice set up might occupy that space. The problem would be with the surround system and it looks as though you may be looking for something a little different than a traditional speaker set up. There are a lot of ideas out there and Polk has just one of them but this might be a good place to get started in your research:

http://surroundbar.polkaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 488
It sound to me like you already know that the best place for your Tv is right in front of the window. Any place else in the room you will be dealing with corner placement or putting the TV and coach on short walls (Dinning area). Tv placed on a low stand 24-26 inch may not block out the entire window. This will allow you
a much better Speaker set up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us