Polk RM6700 vs. JBL SCS160SI vs. Infinity HTS-20

Gene
Hey audio gurus...

I am buying my first HT system and I have already decided on the H/K AVR-325 receiver. No debate there as this model is closing out and being priced to move big time.

Question is speakers...I've narrowed it down to the three mentioned in the subject line. I have heard all three at the usual retail outlets...and personally I like the Infinity (clearer mid/highs)...then the Polks and JBL's are similar. The Infinity and JBL you get an OK sub in the package...and if I were to go with the Polks I would add a Velodyne sub.

What are your thoughts? The Infinity and JBL in store are $500 and the Polks with the Velodyne would be up around $800. Is it worth 300 for the Polks? Anyone have this receiver mated to any of these speaker pacakages? Recommendations/thoughts are welcome and encouraged. Thanks much!

Anonymous
Buy 2 good front speakers (JBL Northridge) + a center speaker + 3 reasonably priced back speakers and you will get something 10 times better than JBL 160 or Polk

gonglee
If you want to get a better receiver for $499, outlawaudio.com has model 1050 - got really good reviews by the pros. Does good on music as well, about the only one to do so said the review.

Try to hear these speakers b4 you buy - they are respected names dedicated speaker companies.

Monitor Audio bronze series
Paradigm
PSB
KEF package
Mission package

Go with the one you love the most - you are gonna listen to them so they should please you.

check out expert reviews on Hifichoice.co.uk
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us