HTM62 Vs LCR600 - B&W center... really annoying......

Username: Amit145

Post Number: 3
can someone please tell me what would be a better choice? i have heared a lot that the LCR600 is a great speaker but the HTM62 is its new replacment..
should i get it only because its the new model? is it goot speaker too?
i have the 684 speaker set at home

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 15808
First you have to determine what is it with the old speakers that you think you don't have or lacking that a new speaker will fix or improve upon?

Post Number: 5
Hi berny,
im affraid im not getting you..
didnt understand what point you were trying to make.
my problem is that i dont know if to go on the HTM62 or the LCR600.
ive heared a lot of good things about the LCR but none on the the HTM but its maybe only because the HTM is too new...

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 145
What is wrong with the 684's you have at home already? What is missing? How will upgrading your speakers help you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
The 684's you have would match up well with either center channel you are asking about. Ideally you could go listen to both of them to see if you prefer one over the other.

Keep in mind that a "good" speaker sounds great to you. It is impossible for anyone to determine what you prefer.

Post Number: 6
Jim,
there is nothing wrong with my 684's,i will get them any day now..
my question was regarding the center only.. (HTM62 Vs LCR600)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15812
The differences will be subtle and only a very few can tell the nuances between them and there are a few who "claim" they can. And of those, fewer actually do.

What are you using to drive the speakers?

Post Number: 7
Thanks berny,
as for the speakers smplification,i still hasnt decided but it would probably be the NAD T744 or HK -347...
do you have a prefered model among this two to advice me..?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15814
My personal choice would be the NAD. Again this is a personal choice in accordance with my preference. You may prefer something else. Have you listened to this combination at all?

Post Number: 8
actually i've listen to both of them (it was NAD T743 but is the same as the T744)
the truth is that the HK sounded to me more vivid and warm and dynamic while NAD sounded more natural and kind off "laid back".they both were prety good but i must say i loved the HK a bit more.even though... i've decided to go with NAD mainly because it has a better reputation,3 years warranty vs one,and better reviews in terms of sound quality.maybe i need to learn how to listen to music properly....

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
maybe i need to learn how to listen to music properly....

It kills me that you say that. The whole point is what YOU think sounds good, NOBODY can tell you that and you need not make allowances for other peoples opinions.

Post Number: 9
jim bay..
what i meant was that when you listen to music,speakers etc' you sometime not paying attention to the right things for example you get excited from things like power and loudness instead of quality and say frequencys..

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
I understand what you are saying, trust me but I think you have all the knowledge you need as you say you prefer the HK sound over the NAD, then DONE DEAL!!!

Post Number: 10
thats a little bit impossible right now... i have already took the NAD!
anyway that was the desicion i made.. i hope i will not be dissapointed but if so,i would give it away and get the HK

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15837
Enjoy your new toys. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us