Onkyo HTS767C - HTIB

Just purchased an Onkyo HTS767C yesterday from ABC Warehouse in the Detroit area. After some wheelin' and dealin', I got the entire system for $613.00 + tax !! Thought it was a great buy. The question I have is in reference to speaker wires. My room is approx. 25 x 15 and I obviously need to run connections to the speakers (probably under carpet, around doors, windows, etc.). Being a novice in this area, is there any particular type of wires that I should purchase?? I also need to connect my VCR (stereo) and Direct TV satellite system. My current TV is a 32" older Sony (not WEGA). Any help that anyone can supply would really be appreciated.

MrHorspwer
I just set up a HT-S760 in my Detroit area home (Roseville actually). First thing... throw out all the wire that came in the box.

Speaker wire came from Home Depot. 150' of 14 gauge wire from RCA ran me a bit over $50 and did the whole deal. If you're running the wires within the room (I did an in-wall and basement run), you may want to look into a flat speaker wire. It'll cost a bit more, but look a while lot better. Most flat wire jackets are paintable to further hide them if you have to run them on a wall.

Interconnects used were AR Pro Series and came from AV4L.com. I had to buy interconnects for my DirecTV (S-Video & audio), DVD (component video & coax digital audio), and VCR (composit video & audio). All my interconnects ran me right around $50 + shipping (including an s-video cable and an audio cable I didn't use). AV4L.com are great to work with... highly recommended. It would have cost $120-150 to purchase the interconnects from a local store. Amazing prices.

As for sounds... it sounds great. No background noise or hiss is heard anywhere in the system from any source. The only thing I regret is putting my sub where it is. Because I'm in a small room with furniture, there really wasen't anywhere to put the sub except tucked next to the couch, which I am sure limits its output a bit. Definatly play with the sub position before it finds a perminent home. A setup disc with a low frequency sweep will help with this.

MrHorsepower,
Thanks for the information and help. Could you please verify the URL that you suggested (www.av4l.com.)? Can't seem to connect.
Thanks,
Mike D.

MrHorspwer
I'm sorry... ac4l.com or accessories4less.com

Had a brain f a r t :-)

I just learned f a r t isn't allowed on this board
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us