Getting grills on in ceiling speakers

Silver Member
Username: Mccambley

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 481
Does anyone have a trick for getting very tight grills on in ceiling speakers? I was going to cut a small V on the grill where it is bulging out and preventing the gril to go in.

Silver Member
Username: Jrbay

Livonia Detroit area, Michigan USA

Post Number: 130
That's been known to work (cutting a v in about three or four places and bending accordingly but if the grill will go on and stay it doesn't really need to be flush.

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 483
Thanks for the advice Jim, I was concerned if cutting a V might twist the metal up in such a way that I never could get them on. Anyone else have any experience with tight grills.

Silver Member
Username: Huron

Post Number: 420
yes, I think a firm but jentle spanking is in order for those tight, grills? yes were talking about grills, OK let me think,,,,,,,,,,what about a thin peace of bent metal and use it like a shoe horn, or lube it, come on casey get inventive hear, maybe a small dremel tool and slowly work it untill it snaps in to the tightness you want, ohh yes

Silver Member

BREEZY POINT, NY USA

Post Number: 486
Tried "a firm but jentle spanking is in order for those tight, grills", but that did not work. Cut one small V half way down the side wall, where I had marked with a pencil at the point of a bulge. The grills went on with out much struggle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
did someone enjoy the spanking? did you use a dremel for the cut? I want some kind of credit hear!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
You definitely get credit Angelo for turning this into an interesting project!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
thanks jim that means a lot to me, Im going threw a ruff time and need some chearing up, like how about if I got a spanking, preferably by a a slew of amazonian girlls,

to bad caseys holding back on details

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
Indeed!!! Details are VERY important to this forum!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us