HOW DO I Connect surround speakers to the TV

Username: Maxmo

Post Number: 1
I have a dvd player with 5.1 output connected to the surround speakers. But when I watch television I want these speakers to work aswell. How do I link these speakers to the tv. I have no receiver but can I link them thru my dvd player? the dvd player has all the necessary sockets at the back. please let me know asap

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 34
Mo:

Can you specify each piece of equipment (brand, model)? This will benefit everyone. Thanks.

Username: Maxmo

Post Number: 2
the dvd is elta 8905 cs(chek on www.elta.de) tv- sony widescreen digital, with integrated freeview. I connect the spekers to the dvd using a 5.1 output pin. goes from dvd to subwoofer.

Bronze Member
Username: Jdsaenz1

Post Number: 42
Sorry, I couldn't find much on the 8905cs regarding manuals or a look at the back of the unit. But I'd guess that if your DVD has standard stereo rca audio inputs (red/white), and if your tv has the same type of outputs, you could connect tv to dvd to get sound to your sub & speakers.

lamkingjr
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a Kenwood dv-705/dvf-r5070 dvd/vcd cd player, Kenwood vr-707/krf-v6070d audio video surround receiver. I am trying to hook up the surround sound to a Toshiba 46" wide screen Projection tv with color stream. I am in wire hell. I don't know if I have enough connectors or just enough. I have sound but not the sound from the receiver speakers. I have cable and the dvd/cd plays cd's and dvd's. Please help. I just want to get the surround sound running.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us